nelson

What is your favorite survival horror game?

This question may sound silly, but I would like to know what your favorite survival horror game is.

I know most of you may say the original Resident Evil (1996) game is the best survival horror game ever, but I know some of you may think differently. Sure, the term "survival horror" was first used for the original Japanese release of Resident Evil in 1996, which was influenced by earlier games with a horror theme such as 1989's Sweet Home and 1992's Alone in the Dark.

refb-club-survival-horror-evil-within.jpg

Now back to my question: What is your favorite survival horror game?

• Like 1

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/blueracer66

It's a tough question. There are a ton of excellent survival horror games! However, if I had to choose I would say Silent Hill 2 (2001).

silenthillbathroom.jpg

Silent Hill 2 recognizes its titular environment as a psychic space as much as a physical one. Like Resident Evil 2 (1998), it was my very first Silent Hill game, so I am very fond of it.

A close runner-up title for me would have to be The Evil Within (2014).

Reasons to be interested in this survival horror title can be boiled down to just two words: Shinji Mikami, the designer responsible for original Resident Evil games and the survival horror genre.

What about you? What is your favorite survival horror game? Don't you dare say Resident Evil 2!

• Like 1

Who am I? | My blog | Twitter | Facebook | Guidelines

Remember, kids: Spellcheckers are your friends! 😘

• Similar Content

• By shimbo
      Silent Hill is one of my favorite survival horror series. However, I gave up on keeping an eye out for news a long time ago.
      What I like about the series is that it is heavily influenced by the literary genre of psychological horror, with its player characters being mostly "everymen."
      The Silent Hill series received universally praised for its graphics, atmosphere, and story. While the first three installments received critical acclaim, following games were less well received which is why we haven't seen a new release from Konami.
      I believe that this survival horror series is now dead. But, will it ever make a comeback? Do you think Konami will bring it back?
      Let me know what you think in a comment. Thanks!

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use